For Immediate Release
MP Fragiskatos Announces the 2017 London North Centre Honour Roll
Friday, June 30, 2017 London, Ontario
As the 150th anniversary of Confederation is upon us, Canadians across the country are taking time to acknowledge the significant contributions that our fellow citizens make to unite, connect and improve the communities in which we live.
With that in mind, Peter Fragiskatos, Member of Parliament for London North Centre, today announced the first 15 honourees of the London North Centre Honour Roll.
The London North Centre Honour Roll is an initiative launched by MP Fragiskatos this past March with the effort of identifying individuals whose selfless actions inspire us all to build a strong, supportive and inclusive community. After an overwhelming response to the call for nominations, a selection committee completed a comprehensive review of all nominations received and submitted a final list for consideration. Today, the following individuals are being recognized as the inaugural recipients of this award:
The Hon. Edwin (Ed) Holder
Those named to the London North Centre Honour Roll will be celebrated at a gathering to take place later this Fall. Over the next fifteen days, personalized videos will be released through MP Fragiskatos’ social media channels and website outlining the significant achievements of each honouree and why they are deserving of this recognition.
“The London North Centre Honour Roll is a way to pay tribute to citizens of the riding I have the privilege of representing. It is imperative that those who have gone above and beyond to make our community a better place to live are recognized. Often the kindness and generosity of Londoners goes unnoticed and underappreciated. It is my sincere hope that by annually naming an honour roll from nominations submitted by the public we can thank those who strive to put their city first. I am proud of this inaugural addition of the honour roll and would like to personally thank each of them for their dedication to London, and more specifically London North Centre.”
– Peter Fragiskatos, Member of Parliament, London North Centre
• The London North Centre Honour Roll is an annual initiative launched by Peter Fragiskatos (M.P., London North Centre) in early 2017 to highlight individuals whose selfless actions inspire us all to build a strong, supportive and inclusive community.
• Nominations were received from the public for individuals who either work, live or volunteer in the riding of London North Centre.
• Nominations were reviewed by a selection committee who provided a list of suggested nominees to MP Fragiskatos for final determination.
• The next call for nominations will take place in early spring 2018. Members of the public are encouraged to contact the community office of MP Fragiskatos for more information regarding the London North Centre Honour Roll.